Nvidia announced new Quadro cards that deliver an enterprise-grade visual computing platform with up to twice the application performance and data-handling capability of the previous generation. The new generation of Quadro GPUs — the K5200, K4200, K2200, K620 and K420 — enables users to:
- Interact with data sets or designs up to twice the size handled by previous generations.
- Remotely interact with graphics applications from a Quadro-based workstation from essentially any device, including PCs, Macs and tablets.
- Run major applications — such as Adobe® CC, Autodesk Design Suite and Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS 2014 — on average 40 percent faster than with previous Quadro cards.
- Switch effortlessly from local GPU rendering to cloud-based offerings using NVIDIA Iray® rendering.
|BOARD FEATURES||Quadro K6000||Quadro K5200||Quadro K5000 For Mac||Quadro K4200||Quadro K2200||Quadro K2000D||Quadro K620||Quadro K420|
|Memory Size||12GB GDDR5||8GB GDDR5||4GB GDDR5||4GB GDDR5||4GB GDDR5||2GB GDDR5||2GB DDR3||1GB DDR3|
|Memory Bandwidth||288 GBps||192 GBps||173 GBps||173 GBps||80 GBps||64 GBps||29 GBps||29 GBps|
|NVIDIA® CUDA™ Parallel Processor Cores||2880||2304||1536||1344||640||384||384||192|
|Max Power Consumption||225W||150W||122W||108W||68W||51W||45W||41W|
|Power Connectors||2x 6-pin||1x 6-pin||1x 6-pin||1x 6-pin|
|Number of slots||2||2||2||1||1||1||1||1|
|# Simultaneous Displays||4||4||4||4||4||4||4||4|
For more information: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-desktop-gpus.html
Nvidia videos illustrate the reason to upgrade:
- Faster GPU Rendering in Autodesk 3dsMax with NVIDIA Quadro
- Better, Faster Modeling in Autodesk MAYA with NVIDIA Quadro
- Better, Faster Design in SolidWorks with NVIDIA Quadro